When January’s Bakes Box dropped through the letter box I couldn’t wait to get back to baking after taking around an 8 week break *shocked emoji face*. I was hoping the Bakes Box team were not going to go for a healthy bake this month and they didn’t let me down. Hello salted pretzel brownies!! In this post I will bring you the salted pretzel brownies recipe courtesy of Bakes Box and a step by step guide to make these gooey treats.
200g Caster Sugar
30g Cocoa Powder
110g Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
50g White Chocolate
20g Salted Pretzels
1. Preheat your oven to 180C then grease and line the base of a medium brownie tin.
2. Place the sugar and butter into a bowl and using an electric wish beat until pale and fluffy.
3. Add in the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and eggs and mix until well combined.
4. Roughly chop your white chocolate buttons and stir into the mixture
5. Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and place your pretzels evenly spaced onto the surface of the brownie mixture.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy on the top and gooey in the middle.
7. Leave to cool completely, cut into squares and enjoy with a big cup of tea.
Thee brownies tasted incredible and I think this is the quickest brownie recipe I have come across. These were perfect for my Sunday afternoon treat with a big cup of tea!
Find out more about Bakes Box here
If you would like to subscribe to Box Box remember to
use code LUCYFBAKES for 50% off your first box.
* I am part of the Bakes Box affiliate programme however all opinions and photographs are my own.